Launched in November 2013 the West Lothian Council's 'Trusted Trader' Scheme allows consumers to choose a reputable and trusted trader committed to providing the best possible service.
The West Lothian 'Trusted Trader' Scheme is a local business partnership managed and administered by West Lothian Council Trading Standards which aims to increase consumer confidence and promote good practice within local businesses.
We are proud to be part of this worthwhile scheme which I hope gives you the assurance you
have a professional, courteous and fully trained tradesman in your home or place of work.
At the end of each job we may ask if you could take a few minutes to complete a short questionnaire (provided by the West Lothian Trusted Trader Scheme Administrators) on the service you have just received. Included with the questionnaire is a pre paid envelope to the 'Trusted Trader Administrators' for your convenience.
Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated and will ensure we continue to grow and to exceed your expectations.
WEST LOTHIAN COUNCIL TRADING STANDARDS COMMITMENTS TO YOU:
1. Provide a fair and impartial service for both traders and consumers.
2. Monitor compliance with consumer protection legislation, and agree to carry out any investigations
promptly and fairly.
3. Provide advice to member businesses on consumer protection legislation upon request.
4. Provide appropriate advice to customers of member businesses.
5. Provide an appropriate level of promotion of the Scheme and its members.
6. Conduct regular reviews of the Scheme.
7. Reserve the right to revoke membership of the Scheme where traders pursue a course of business
conduct detrimental to consumer’s interests, or in conflict with the Code of Practice.
8. Reserve the right to publicise the removal of traders from the Scheme where appropriate.
9. Provide a comprehensive feedback system that is accessible for both traders and